When connected to the UP App installed on a device, the tracker will automatically start syncing. When the sync begins, you will see the band’s status lights flickering and the progress of the sync can be seen on the UP App display. But sometimes Jawbone UP 2 Won’t Pair and the tracker cannot connect to the app. This could be due to the pair fails, the tracker does not automatically start to pair, or the tracker is not identified by the UP App. Another reason could be a problem with the iOS device or the UP band.
Jawbone UP 2 Won’t Pair: Solution
If this Jawbone UP 2 Won’t Pair issue occurs on your iOS device, you may need to perform a soft reset. If your device is running iOS 7, you could try these steps:
- Your microphone should be able to be accessed by the UP App. Navigate to Settings, tap Privacy, and tap Microphone. The microphone permission includes the headphone jack on your smartphone and the UP App requires access. Navigate to Settings, tap General, tap Accessibility and disable the Mono Audio. Navigate to Settings and tap Music and disable the Volume Limit.
- You can also try pressing the Home button twice to force stopping the app. You will see some apps running on the background. Force stop by swipe up the UP App. Now try to reopen and pair again.
- Make sure there is Internet connection for the app in order to pair with the tracker. Type and search something on the browser on the phone to check if you have an Internet connection.
- You also need to access the side volume controls and increase the volume level on the device to the max.
- Sync plug connection on the UP tracker should be active. Check if it is fully connected by disconnect and reconnect the tracker again, Do not to stretch or bend the tracker in the practice. You may need to remove the case if the phone has one.
- Check if the headphone jack on the phone is working. Use corded headphones to listen audio. There might be any fluff or rubble on the jack if it does not work.
- The UP App may corrupt, you need to uninstall and reinstall it. Do not worry you won’t lose any data. Uninstall the UP App and then go to the app store and sign in your UP account to download and install the app. This should fix Jawbone UP 2 Won’t Pair